Socialism – It’s been hiding for a long time…March 22, 2010 at 1:55 pm | Posted in health care, irony, Obama, political commentary, political rants | Leave a comment
Tags: greed, health care reform, socialism, socialist
…you just can’t see the forest for the trees. Take our present health care system, for example. Aside from greed, do you know what else has driven the health care costs to epic heights? It is because those of us that have the ability to pay are subsidizing those who can’t. As more and more people use emergency room facilities, because they cannot be refused treatment if they are not able to pay, the more costs rise for the rest of us. So it is through higher and higher health care costs we are subsidizing the poor. Isn’t that really the kind of socialism some of you are afraid of if we were to have a public option or single payer plan?
What about your police, fire, and military protection? We all put our money in a pool (our taxes) to pay for those services. The poor, who don’t pay any taxes, still have the same benefits and protections from those services as those who pay, do they not?
In education, especially private schools, financial aid and scholarships often come from money paid by those most able to afford the high tuition. As you can see, no matter where you look there is a form of socialism within our capitalist system, yet it is thrown around as such a dirty, ugly word.
What is so wrong with the haves helping the have-nots? Has greed and materialism created a society of people who have the attitude; I got mine, too bad too sad for you if you can’t get yours? Caring about the less fortunate would benefit our society as a whole but people are just too freaking stupid to get it! These same folks are usually of the good Christian ilk. Calling one’s self a Christian isn’t the same as being a Christian. I know many of my fellow atheists who lead more Christian lives than the so-called Christians.
I’m going to veer slightly off topic here. In regard to the new health care bill that will make buying health insurance mandatory, there is a good reason for doing it. It sounds scary to people, but since the bill will put an end to the health insurance industry’s practice denying coverage to those with pre-existing conditions this measure is necessary to be fair to the insurers (yes I hate the thought of that one as much as anyone since they have been screwing us for years) if the mandatory clause were left out, many people would not buy insurance until they got sick. It would be kind of like waiting until your house has burned down to buy home owner’s insurance.
Leave a Comment »
- Dios nos libre de los populismos | Maikelnai's blog on Republican Revolt
- Honjii on Two pigeons, a grackle, and a Snickers bar
- What The Hell on Two pigeons, a grackle, and a Snickers bar
- mothers day ncert on End Oil Speculation Act of 2008 (Introduced in Senate)
- buy bitcoin with visa debit card on End Oil Speculation Act of 2008 (Introduced in Senate)
You’re welcome to follow, but I’m not really going anywhere.
- #TRUMP https://t.co/qpWBqMHHbD 5 days ago
- #donaldtrump https://t.co/pScGe9QmRV 2 weeks ago
- #donaldtrump #SyriaStrikes https://t.co/FLCPN3OISX 3 weeks ago
- @protctdemocracy @POTUS What else can we expect from a dictator who is either ignorant of or has no regard for law. 3 weeks ago
- so many #lies #donaldteramp he can't even remember what he said axios.com/trumps-2013-tw… 3 weeks ago
- #realdonaldtrump https://t.co/Iz3TkdcKZd 3 weeks ago
- @BettyBowers can't even joke about this, he is completely repulsive, disgusting, makes me want to vomit 3 weeks ago
- @realDonaldTrump #immigration You know we have three other borders, right? 3 weeks ago
- #realdonaldtrump https://t.co/g2gtYSARTa 1 month ago
Board Certified Blogger
One Lovely Blog Award
Poulet-Sir Prize AwardThis much coveted award is for bloggers who have a sense of humor, are smarter than a and not too chicken to say what they think. Feel free to award this to any blogger you feel is deserving of such a prestigious award. Rules: 1. Proudly display the award on your blog with a link back to Honjii and a link back to the blogger, along with his/her name, who chose to award your blog. 2. Bestow this award, along with the rules, on a minimum of three blogs. 3. Contact the bloggers you've chosen and let them know of their incredibly life-altering good news. 4. Swear on your first born, or whatever you hold dear, never to mention these blogging awards are created by other self-serving bloggers trying to get more traffic altruistic bloggers who wish nothing more than acknowledging a blog well done.
Mad as Hell Doctors
Americans for Separation of Church & State
Feul My Blog
Copyright Notice© Honjii Li and Honjii's Harangues, 2012. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Honjii Li and Honjii's Harangues with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.