Sex, Drugs, and Rock and RollMarch 14, 2007 at 2:00 pm | Posted in Current Events, government, rants, sex, social comment, stupidity | 3 Comments
Let’s say I’m walking down the street, I meet a stranger and have sex with him. It might not be the smartest thing to do, but certainly it’s my right and it is perfectly legal. Now, let’s say I’m walking down that same street, meet the same stranger, have sex with him and he gives me a dollar. Now I’ve committed a crime.
Suppose I have sex with a stranger while acting in a porn film. I will, again, be having sex with a stranger and I will be paid for having sex with the stranger but now it’s legal again. Does this mean if I walk down a street, meet a stranger, have sex with him, and ask someone to shoot a video of the encounter; it would then be legal for me to accept the dollar?
Most police/sheriffs departments are operating on already stretched budgets, yet most of them still conduct sting operations to catch prostitutes and their johns. Meanwhile people are still being mugged, murdered, raped, carjacked, kidnapped. Since funding and manpower are at a premium one would expect more judicious use of these precious resources. I don’t feel safer tucked in my bed at night knowing Wanda, Debby, or Darlene won’t be turning any tricks, however, learning that a serial rapist/murderer has been caught and is behind bars might make me sleep a bit better
I know there is that old argument that other crime, usually drug related, is associated with prostitution, which brings me to another point to ponder. Isn’t there some saying that goes something like; when you don’t learn from history you’re doomed to repeat it?
There is a WAR on drugs. In the words of doctor Phil, “how’s that workin’ for you?” Isn’t it about time drugs were legalized? I don’t see any other viable options to control them. I’m not FOR drugs. I don’t use them, never have. Did we learn nothing from prohibition? Alcoholic beverages, just as conscious altering, potentially dangerous, addictive, even fatal as any other drug, were once outlawed and all hell broke loose. A lot of crime sprung up around the distribution of booze. Why? Because people wanted it, just like people now want drugs that make them high, sick, addicted, or even dead.
If drugs were legal and sold in stores just like liquor, much of drug related crime would go away. Prices would be more affordable (eliminating the need for those with an addiction to shoot you for drug money), sales would be taxed, and the tax money could be used for substance abuse education, and for rehabilitation programs for those who so desire.
With all the money the government saves from not having to wage a losing battle against drugs, we could invade more countries that are probably hiding weapons of mass destruction.
3 Comments »
- Dios nos libre de los populismos | Maikelnai's blog on Republican Revolt
- Honjii on Two pigeons, a grackle, and a Snickers bar
- What The Hell on Two pigeons, a grackle, and a Snickers bar
- mothers day ncert on End Oil Speculation Act of 2008 (Introduced in Senate)
- buy bitcoin with visa debit card on End Oil Speculation Act of 2008 (Introduced in Senate)
You’re welcome to follow, but I’m not really going anywhere.
- #TRUMP https://t.co/qpWBqMHHbD 5 days ago
- #donaldtrump https://t.co/pScGe9QmRV 2 weeks ago
- #donaldtrump #SyriaStrikes https://t.co/FLCPN3OISX 3 weeks ago
- @protctdemocracy @POTUS What else can we expect from a dictator who is either ignorant of or has no regard for law. 3 weeks ago
- so many #lies #donaldteramp he can't even remember what he said axios.com/trumps-2013-tw… 3 weeks ago
- #realdonaldtrump https://t.co/Iz3TkdcKZd 3 weeks ago
- @BettyBowers can't even joke about this, he is completely repulsive, disgusting, makes me want to vomit 3 weeks ago
- @realDonaldTrump #immigration You know we have three other borders, right? 3 weeks ago
- #realdonaldtrump https://t.co/g2gtYSARTa 1 month ago
Board Certified Blogger
One Lovely Blog Award
Poulet-Sir Prize AwardThis much coveted award is for bloggers who have a sense of humor, are smarter than a and not too chicken to say what they think. Feel free to award this to any blogger you feel is deserving of such a prestigious award. Rules: 1. Proudly display the award on your blog with a link back to Honjii and a link back to the blogger, along with his/her name, who chose to award your blog. 2. Bestow this award, along with the rules, on a minimum of three blogs. 3. Contact the bloggers you've chosen and let them know of their incredibly life-altering good news. 4. Swear on your first born, or whatever you hold dear, never to mention these blogging awards are created by other self-serving bloggers trying to get more traffic altruistic bloggers who wish nothing more than acknowledging a blog well done.
Mad as Hell Doctors
Americans for Separation of Church & State
Feul My Blog
Copyright Notice© Honjii Li and Honjii's Harangues, 2012. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Honjii Li and Honjii's Harangues with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.