Tags: Chick-Fil-A, Christian values, family values, gay marriage, same sex marriage
Tags: same sex marriage, sarcasm, Zach Wahls
As demonstrated by the video below, children raised by same sex couples develop horns, spend years in therapy, are troublesome in schools, commit crimes against society and often end up institutionalized with taxpayer footing the bill. But seriously, as I remove my tongue from my cheek and stop masquerading as a wingnut, I offer the following:
Zach Wahls, a 19-year-old University of Iowa student spoke about the strength of his family during a public forum on House Joint Resolution 6 in the Iowa House of Representatives. Wahls has two mothers, and came to oppose House Joint Resolution 6 which would end civil unions in Iowa.
The fight to to keep marriage equality in Iowa continues, help us support Iowans like Zach.
Tags: same sex marriage
To the fundamentalist Christians, right wing nuts, the GOP, and the cognitively challenged, pay attention because I’m only going to say this once: Legalizing same sex marriage:
- will not require you to marry someone of your own gender
- will have no effect on your present marriage
- will allow you to go about your daily life unimpaired…you won’t even notice the change
- will not be a strain on public resources
- will not change your income or your taxes
- will not affect your religious beliefs or your ability to worship as you choose
If gays are denied the same civil rights as you and I then they should not be required to pay taxes, nor should we accept their tax money or any public benefits we may derive from them. This should be a non issue. Substitute Christian, Jew, Muslim, people with blond hair and blue eyes for gay in the debate about whether gay marriage should be legal. Gays have been arbitrarily chosen in this fight and if we are going to selectively dole out civil liberties, then any of the groups I mentioned above could be at risk. It seems that most people fail to grasp that when you limit the rights of another you are actually diminishing your own. There was a time in this country when it was not legal to marry someone of another race. When this stupid ass law was finally wiped off the books forever it had no detrimental affect on the lives of others, except possibly inside their very small minds where they hold the beliefs that everything must be exactly as they see it in order for the world to be right.
Perhaps we need to keep this old poem in mind:
When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.
Then they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.
Then they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Jews,
I did not speak out;
I was not a Jew.
When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out for me.
- Dios nos libre de los populismos | Maikelnai's blog on Republican Revolt
- Honjii on Two pigeons, a grackle, and a Snickers bar
- What The Hell on Two pigeons, a grackle, and a Snickers bar
- mothers day ncert on End Oil Speculation Act of 2008 (Introduced in Senate)
- buy bitcoin with visa debit card on End Oil Speculation Act of 2008 (Introduced in Senate)
You’re welcome to follow, but I’m not really going anywhere.
- #thisisthefutureliberalswant this is the future liberals want https://t.co/AZATYa8mSf 3 weeks ago
- #realdonaldtrump #racisttrump https://t.co/nzh3finomK 3 weeks ago
- RT @pattonoswalt: https://t.co/ITwn8eEUp5 3 weeks ago
- Will somebody please tell the idiot in chief that proof of truth isn't, "well a lot of people have said so.." #realdonaltrump 3 weeks ago
- @realDonaldTrump How does it feel to be the joke of the world? occupydemocrats.com/2017/02/27/car… #carnival #trumpjoke 3 weeks ago
- RT @TheEllenShow: Have you seen this ad for the Mar-a-Lago? https://t.co/8AkzsGssad 4 weeks ago
- @realDonaldTrump @RoguePOTUSStaff https://t.co/erq7AuO31N 4 weeks ago
- RT @RoguePOTUSStaff: Everyone who thinks it's entertaining to watch POTUS act foolishly better start being afraid. He's not funny, he's dan… 4 weeks ago
- remind you of anyone? #donaldtrump youtube.com/watch?v=arJLy3… 4 weeks ago
Board Certified Blogger
One Lovely Blog Award
Poulet-Sir Prize AwardThis much coveted award is for bloggers who have a sense of humor, are smarter than a and not too chicken to say what they think. Feel free to award this to any blogger you feel is deserving of such a prestigious award. Rules: 1. Proudly display the award on your blog with a link back to Honjii and a link back to the blogger, along with his/her name, who chose to award your blog. 2. Bestow this award, along with the rules, on a minimum of three blogs. 3. Contact the bloggers you've chosen and let them know of their incredibly life-altering good news. 4. Swear on your first born, or whatever you hold dear, never to mention these blogging awards are created by other self-serving bloggers trying to get more traffic altruistic bloggers who wish nothing more than acknowledging a blog well done.
Mad as Hell Doctors
Americans for Separation of Church & State
Feul My Blog
March 2017 M T W T F S S « Jul 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Copyright Notice© Honjii Li and Honjii's Harangues, 2012. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Honjii Li and Honjii's Harangues with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.