Tags: American releasedc from prison in Iran, bad ideas, hiking in Iraq, Iran, Iraq, Vacation
Yesterday we heard news that one of the Americans being held in an Iranian prison, Sarah Shourd, had been released. I remember wondering, when this story broke about a year ago, who the hell vacations in Iraq in the midst of a war? What was the process of deciding on a destination? “Well lets see now, where could we go that would give us the highest probability of coming home in a body bag?” They could have chosen any number of European countries, the south Pacific region, South America, any number of beautiful places in the U.S. and Canada to name just a few. But Iraq? Could this be one of those ‘it seemed like a good idea at the time’ moments when reflecting on the decision from their prison cells?
Like extreme sports that are more dangerous and death defying than the original versions do we now have extreme vacations? Did the criteria for their destination call for uncomfortably hot weather, war, the possibility of being killed or maimed by a roadside bomb, being imprisoned, or experiencing any number of horrific life altering/ending possibilities? Maybe they threw darts at a world map while blindfolded. Personally I think they deserve to have been jailed for STUPIDITY.
I can see the draw of a vacation in Iraq, Iran or any of the middle eastern countries that are so rich in ancient history, but in the middle of a war? When they announced their vacation plans to friends and family surely someone must have had the good sense to question the wisdom of this choice.
When they inadvertently wandered across the border into Iran, of course officials there would assume they were spies; what the hell else would three, supposedly sane, Americans be doing there?
According to some reports, Shourd was released due to medical issues that the Iranian authorities did not want to be responsible for. Her two companions face up to ten years if found guilty of espionage, and I have little doubt they will not be exonerated. Their only hope of release is the successful intervention from outside of Iran.
Due to the stupidity of these three jackasses I have to wonder how much of our nations’ already strained resources have been expended on their behalves and if they will be required to make restitution.
- Dios nos libre de los populismos | Maikelnai's blog on Republican Revolt
- Honjii on Two pigeons, a grackle, and a Snickers bar
- What The Hell on Two pigeons, a grackle, and a Snickers bar
- mothers day ncert on End Oil Speculation Act of 2008 (Introduced in Senate)
- buy bitcoin with visa debit card on End Oil Speculation Act of 2008 (Introduced in Senate)
You’re welcome to follow, but I’m not really going anywhere.
- #Trump #Trumplies What's that you say, @realDonaldTrump, no business investments in Russia? occupydemocrats.com/2016/10/31/oct… 2 months ago
- #trump #EmailScandal @realDonaldTrump in defiance of court orders newsweek.com/2016/11/11/don… 2 months ago
- @realDonaldTrump Let's talk about all the emails you destroyed, shall we. newsweek.com/2016/11/11/don… 2 months ago
- @HotNostrilsrFun this is relevant why? 3 months ago
- this is relevant why? 3 months ago
- @realDonaldTrump Where do you get off criticizing the way others look, do you own a mirror? You're repulsive to look at, and btw u r fat. 3 months ago
- #Trump Where does Trump get off criticizing the way others look, does he own a mirror? He is repulsive to look at, and btw, fat. 3 months ago
- @realDonaldTrump newsweek.com/2016/08/12/don… #TrumpFailures #TrumpLies #TrumpPence16 5 months ago
- #Kenichi Ebina 3 years ago
Board Certified Blogger
One Lovely Blog Award
Poulet-Sir Prize AwardThis much coveted award is for bloggers who have a sense of humor, are smarter than a and not too chicken to say what they think. Feel free to award this to any blogger you feel is deserving of such a prestigious award. Rules: 1. Proudly display the award on your blog with a link back to Honjii and a link back to the blogger, along with his/her name, who chose to award your blog. 2. Bestow this award, along with the rules, on a minimum of three blogs. 3. Contact the bloggers you've chosen and let them know of their incredibly life-altering good news. 4. Swear on your first born, or whatever you hold dear, never to mention these blogging awards are created by other self-serving bloggers trying to get more traffic altruistic bloggers who wish nothing more than acknowledging a blog well done.
Mad as Hell Doctors
Americans for Separation of Church & State
Feul My Blog
January 2017 M T W T F S S « Jul 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Copyright Notice© Honjii Li and Honjii's Harangues, 2012. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Honjii Li and Honjii's Harangues with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.