The Answer is Bah Humbug!December 11, 2011 at 4:51 pm | Posted in Atheism, Beliefs, Jesus, Religion, social comment | 3 Comments
Tags: bah humbug, C-Word, Christmas, Christmas and holiday season, Ebenezer Scrooge, Holidays, Scrooge
When they ask the questions, every year, I sense some apprehension; as if my answers will have an impact on what is to follow. If only that were so. My answers are NO, NO, and I DON’T DO THAT.
The first question concerns my state of readiness for christmas*? Depending on my mood I either inform the inquirer I don’t celebrate christmas or I say NO, and ask if christmas will not come unless I’m ready. In my fantasy I have this power.
The next questions involve my level of excitement about the impending holidays and whether or not I have all my christmas shopping done, because isn’t christmas really about shopping? (I hate shopping of any kind at any time of year. I try to stock up on my needs before Thanksgiving hoping to avoid the chaotic crowds of sheep at the market until at least the second week in January.)
I hate holidays, all of them, but I hate christmas most of all. Bah Humbug!
*See The C-Word
3 Comments »
- Dios nos libre de los populismos | Maikelnai's blog on Republican Revolt
- Honjii on Two pigeons, a grackle, and a Snickers bar
- What The Hell on Two pigeons, a grackle, and a Snickers bar
- mothers day ncert on End Oil Speculation Act of 2008 (Introduced in Senate)
- buy bitcoin with visa debit card on End Oil Speculation Act of 2008 (Introduced in Senate)
You’re welcome to follow, but I’m not really going anywhere.
- #Trump #Trumplies What's that you say, @realDonaldTrump, no business investments in Russia? occupydemocrats.com/2016/10/31/oct… 1 month ago
- #trump #EmailScandal @realDonaldTrump in defiance of court orders newsweek.com/2016/11/11/don… 1 month ago
- @realDonaldTrump Let's talk about all the emails you destroyed, shall we. newsweek.com/2016/11/11/don… 1 month ago
- @HotNostrilsrFun this is relevant why? 2 months ago
- this is relevant why? 2 months ago
- @realDonaldTrump Where do you get off criticizing the way others look, do you own a mirror? You're repulsive to look at, and btw u r fat. 2 months ago
- #Trump Where does Trump get off criticizing the way others look, does he own a mirror? He is repulsive to look at, and btw, fat. 2 months ago
- @realDonaldTrump newsweek.com/2016/08/12/don… #TrumpFailures #TrumpLies #TrumpPence16 4 months ago
- #Kenichi Ebina 3 years ago
Board Certified Blogger
One Lovely Blog Award
Poulet-Sir Prize AwardThis much coveted award is for bloggers who have a sense of humor, are smarter than a and not too chicken to say what they think. Feel free to award this to any blogger you feel is deserving of such a prestigious award. Rules: 1. Proudly display the award on your blog with a link back to Honjii and a link back to the blogger, along with his/her name, who chose to award your blog. 2. Bestow this award, along with the rules, on a minimum of three blogs. 3. Contact the bloggers you've chosen and let them know of their incredibly life-altering good news. 4. Swear on your first born, or whatever you hold dear, never to mention these blogging awards are created by other self-serving bloggers trying to get more traffic altruistic bloggers who wish nothing more than acknowledging a blog well done.
Mad as Hell Doctors
Americans for Separation of Church & State
Feul My Blog
Copyright Notice© Honjii Li and Honjii's Harangues, 2012. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Honjii Li and Honjii's Harangues with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.