Attention WANKERS, there’s an app for thatApril 8, 2011 at 11:12 pm | Posted in modern trends, social comment, technology | Leave a comment
Tags: App Store, Smartphone
It seems we are becoming a people who cannot make a move without consulting an app. For those not familiar with the lingo, an app is short for an application for a smart phone. I think the amount of apps available number somewhere in the millions. Some are games, some are just cute or novel time-suckers, and some are actually useful.
I don’t own a smart phone so I do not have app capabilities, yet somehow I have managed to survive. In phone years my cel phone (yes it’s from the days when they were still phones and not wireless devices) is a dinosaur. I suppose I have a Rachel Maddow” , when I’m really just calling my mother., which I like to think, has a smart person. Though my phone would be an embarrassment to some, these days, I still think it’s pretty smart. It can record voice memos, keep track of appointments, function as an alarm clock, tell me the time anywhere in the world among other cool features. The best part about my phone is the talking caller ID. When I enter someone’s number in the phone book, instead of their real name I enter someone very famous and/or important so that when, for example, my boyfriend calls all those within earshot must be enormously wowed that I’m receiving a call from Barack Obama. Not only does my phone talk to me, I can talk to it, so that when making a call I simply further impress people by saying, to my phone, “call
Getting back on track, I wonder about the ramifications of having a smart phone app for just about anything and everything. I can already see plenty of evidence that capacity for critical thinking and creative problem solving, in humans, is diminishing. Will we get to a point where we can’t make a move without consulting an app to decide where and when to eat, what to buy, what to think?
The gym to which I belong has been touting an app to keep you connected to the gym anytime, anywhere. This would be useful because what..I might find myself at a coffee shop or stuck in traffic and feel the need to do some crunches? And even if I did, I think I could manage it without consulting a smart phone.
Everywhere I go I see people with their faces glued to their smart phones doing stuff. I don’t know what stuff they are doing, but they have the glazed eyes of the brainwashed.
Back to the apps. I know there are apps for just about anything you can think of but yesterday a friend emailed me about a phone app that made believe we have sunk to a new low. Enter the Wank-0-meter.
Technology at the service of your personal sexual life
For far too many years, masturbation has crossed an age of darkness. No metrics, no references, no performance analysis.
If this is something you feel you simply cannot do without you can get more information and download the app at the above link.
- Technology Smecknology….. (bohemianknitter.blogspot.com)
- Smart Phone Apps, Exchanges and Data Theft (businessinsider.com)
Leave a Comment »
- Dios nos libre de los populismos | Maikelnai's blog on Republican Revolt
- Honjii on Two pigeons, a grackle, and a Snickers bar
- What The Hell on Two pigeons, a grackle, and a Snickers bar
- mothers day ncert on End Oil Speculation Act of 2008 (Introduced in Senate)
- buy bitcoin with visa debit card on End Oil Speculation Act of 2008 (Introduced in Senate)
You’re welcome to follow, but I’m not really going anywhere.
- #TRUMP https://t.co/qpWBqMHHbD 10 hours ago
- #donaldtrump https://t.co/pScGe9QmRV 2 weeks ago
- #donaldtrump #SyriaStrikes https://t.co/FLCPN3OISX 2 weeks ago
- @protctdemocracy @POTUS What else can we expect from a dictator who is either ignorant of or has no regard for law. 2 weeks ago
- so many #lies #donaldteramp he can't even remember what he said axios.com/trumps-2013-tw… 2 weeks ago
- #realdonaldtrump https://t.co/Iz3TkdcKZd 3 weeks ago
- @BettyBowers can't even joke about this, he is completely repulsive, disgusting, makes me want to vomit 3 weeks ago
- @realDonaldTrump #immigration You know we have three other borders, right? 3 weeks ago
- #realdonaldtrump https://t.co/g2gtYSARTa 3 weeks ago
Board Certified Blogger
One Lovely Blog Award
Poulet-Sir Prize AwardThis much coveted award is for bloggers who have a sense of humor, are smarter than a and not too chicken to say what they think. Feel free to award this to any blogger you feel is deserving of such a prestigious award. Rules: 1. Proudly display the award on your blog with a link back to Honjii and a link back to the blogger, along with his/her name, who chose to award your blog. 2. Bestow this award, along with the rules, on a minimum of three blogs. 3. Contact the bloggers you've chosen and let them know of their incredibly life-altering good news. 4. Swear on your first born, or whatever you hold dear, never to mention these blogging awards are created by other self-serving bloggers trying to get more traffic altruistic bloggers who wish nothing more than acknowledging a blog well done.
Mad as Hell Doctors
Americans for Separation of Church & State
Feul My Blog
Copyright Notice© Honjii Li and Honjii's Harangues, 2012. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Honjii Li and Honjii's Harangues with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.