Two pigeons, a grackle, and a Snickers barApril 3, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Posted in animals, humor, political commentary, social comment | 6 Comments
Tags: Bird, Grackle, Pigeon, Snickers
Pulling into a at the grocery store the other day I noticed two pigeons enjoying the candy left in a Snickers wrapper
some lazy obese litterer someone had thrown on the ground. Most people probably wouldn’t find this all that interesting, but I love watching the goings on of nature so much so that I’ll watch ants carrying bits of food to their nests. Practically any activities carried out by non-humans can provide endless amusement for me.
I stopped (the car) short so as not to disturb them as they pecked at their prize. As pigeons will do they would grab some candy, strut a few steps away and come back for more. After watching for a few moments I discovered I was not the only one watching. Every so often a grackle, that had been watching from under the next car, would come running out and try for a share of the candy but each time this happened the pigeons chased it away. This went on for several minutes until both pigeons took a few steps away at the same time. The grackle seized the opportunity and came running out from its hiding place and rather than eat some of the candy as the pigeons had been doing, this clever bird picked up the entire wrapper, candy and all, paused for a moment and quickly looked both ways (think cartoon villain) and ran back to its hiding place.
If you’ve ever watched grackles, they are funny, clever birds and I was glad I stuck around to see this one outsmart the pigeons. Of all times not to have the video cam handy.
I got to thinking about what had happened with the birds and started wondering what kinds of comparisons I could make to humans and all sorts of possibilities occurred to me:
- The pigeons were republicans and wanted to keep the wealth from those who were different from them.
- The pigeons were democrats, because republicans don’t share; they would consider it socialism.
- The pigeons were two working stiffs, enjoying a treat after a hard day at work and the big bad corporate grackle came and took it away.
- The pigeons were racist, neo-nazi, skinheads who would share only with their own kind.
- The pigeons were the victims of an opportunistic street thug who stole their candy.
- The grackle committed an act of terrorism and the now traumatized pigeons will spend years in therapy.
- Honjii needs to stop watching animals and get out more.
While we’re on the subject of cute animals here are a couple of videos I think you’ll enjoy.
Check out Humor Blogs.
- Super Bowl XLV: Attack of the Grackles (offthebench.nbcsports.com)
- AUDIO: Are pigeons beautiful birds or vermin? (bbc.co.uk)
- Grackles are jerks (toddpack.com)
- On Pigeon (wertherarmand.wordpress.com)
6 Comments »
- Dios nos libre de los populismos | Maikelnai's blog on Republican Revolt
- Honjii on Two pigeons, a grackle, and a Snickers bar
- What The Hell on Two pigeons, a grackle, and a Snickers bar
- mothers day ncert on End Oil Speculation Act of 2008 (Introduced in Senate)
- buy bitcoin with visa debit card on End Oil Speculation Act of 2008 (Introduced in Senate)
You’re welcome to follow, but I’m not really going anywhere.
- @realDonaldTrump #pervert #trump a 'touching' father daughter moment https://t.co/gGwSNAov5m 1 hour ago
- @realDonaldTrump #wiretap https://t.co/mDl4MqD26O 2 hours ago
- @realDonaldTrump just keep babbling away, moron #healthcare vox.com/obamacare/2017… 2 hours ago
- #thisisthefutureliberalswant this is the future liberals want https://t.co/AZATYa8mSf 3 weeks ago
- #realdonaldtrump #racisttrump https://t.co/nzh3finomK 3 weeks ago
- RT @pattonoswalt: https://t.co/ITwn8eEUp5 3 weeks ago
- Will somebody please tell the idiot in chief that proof of truth isn't, "well a lot of people have said so.." #realdonaltrump 3 weeks ago
- @realDonaldTrump How does it feel to be the joke of the world? occupydemocrats.com/2017/02/27/car… #carnival #trumpjoke 3 weeks ago
- RT @TheEllenShow: Have you seen this ad for the Mar-a-Lago? https://t.co/8AkzsGssad 1 month ago
Board Certified Blogger
One Lovely Blog Award
Poulet-Sir Prize AwardThis much coveted award is for bloggers who have a sense of humor, are smarter than a and not too chicken to say what they think. Feel free to award this to any blogger you feel is deserving of such a prestigious award. Rules: 1. Proudly display the award on your blog with a link back to Honjii and a link back to the blogger, along with his/her name, who chose to award your blog. 2. Bestow this award, along with the rules, on a minimum of three blogs. 3. Contact the bloggers you've chosen and let them know of their incredibly life-altering good news. 4. Swear on your first born, or whatever you hold dear, never to mention these blogging awards are created by other self-serving bloggers trying to get more traffic altruistic bloggers who wish nothing more than acknowledging a blog well done.
Mad as Hell Doctors
Americans for Separation of Church & State
Feul My Blog
Copyright Notice© Honjii Li and Honjii's Harangues, 2012. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Honjii Li and Honjii's Harangues with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.