America doesn’t run on oil, it runs on pillsFebruary 15, 2011 at 11:02 pm | Posted in Consumer Issues, corporate bullys, health care, I'm just saying | 2 Comments
Tags: Conditions and Diseases, Food and Drug Administration, health, medications, Pharmacy
From what I understand it takes a huge amount of money to develop and bring to market a new drug. Lately the market seems flooded with more and more drugs for everything. Imagine what a healthier nation we might be, if instead, all that research money went to finding the causes of the conditions for which big pharma develops pills to treat the symptoms. What a business model. Sell a drug to treat an unpleasant symptom of a condition from which one may suffer, the drug has some nasty side effects…but not to worry…there are more drugs to treat the side effects. This becomes a vicious circle until eventually you die. The cause of death should read chemical overdose, but instead it will be whatever ailment the original drugs were prescribed for.
It’s sad that most of the conditions or diseases are caused because people eat crap that passes for food (wouldn’t take a lot of money to figure that out) , but let’s save that for some other time.
I don’t watch a lot of television, but I do watch some. In the few hours a week I spend in front of the TV, I see a disproportionate amount of drug commercials. They are required to list possible side effects and they are absolutely horrifying. I’ve heard side effects listed for medicines that may cause cancer or death. Personally if it were me I’d stick with the itchy feet. One drug is apparently so volatile that you need to tell your doctor if anyone who lives in the same house has been or will be vaccinated for anything. Now that’s pretty damned scary. They don’t mention what will happen in that case, but I imagine your house may explode. I saw one ad for an asthma medicine where one of the side effects was that…I swear I am not making this up… it may increase your risk of dying from asthma. I understand that asthma can be dangerous, but why would you take an asthma medicine that could make it more so?
It seems to me pharmaceuticals have reached a whole new level in the last five or ten years. They just keep churning out more and more drugs that have the potential to do way more harm than good, and the FDA keeps approving them. The stuff they are selling the American public is so scary I’m not sure I’d even want to chance being in the same room with the stuff let alone putting it into my body. Yet too many people don’t give it a thought. The doctor prescribed it, because the pharmaceutical rep gave him/her a nice present, and without question, maybe a little research, you just swallow it.
I have a sneaking suspicion that legal drugs are now more dangerous than the ones being sold on the streets. But who cares? Some people are getting very rich by legally killing the uninformed.
On the other hand, this planet is getting a bit crowded, could this be population control?
I’m just saying…
- Op-Ed Contributor: Better Drug Ads, Fewer Side Effects (nytimes.com)
- Side Effects: The secret dance of your meds (newscientist.com)
- The strange powers of the Placebo Effect (guardian.co.uk)
2 Comments »
- Dios nos libre de los populismos | Maikelnai's blog on Republican Revolt
- Honjii on Two pigeons, a grackle, and a Snickers bar
- What The Hell on Two pigeons, a grackle, and a Snickers bar
- mothers day ncert on End Oil Speculation Act of 2008 (Introduced in Senate)
- buy bitcoin with visa debit card on End Oil Speculation Act of 2008 (Introduced in Senate)
You’re welcome to follow, but I’m not really going anywhere.
- #TRUMP https://t.co/qpWBqMHHbD 10 hours ago
- #donaldtrump https://t.co/pScGe9QmRV 2 weeks ago
- #donaldtrump #SyriaStrikes https://t.co/FLCPN3OISX 2 weeks ago
- @protctdemocracy @POTUS What else can we expect from a dictator who is either ignorant of or has no regard for law. 2 weeks ago
- so many #lies #donaldteramp he can't even remember what he said axios.com/trumps-2013-tw… 2 weeks ago
- #realdonaldtrump https://t.co/Iz3TkdcKZd 3 weeks ago
- @BettyBowers can't even joke about this, he is completely repulsive, disgusting, makes me want to vomit 3 weeks ago
- @realDonaldTrump #immigration You know we have three other borders, right? 3 weeks ago
- #realdonaldtrump https://t.co/g2gtYSARTa 3 weeks ago
Board Certified Blogger
One Lovely Blog Award
Poulet-Sir Prize AwardThis much coveted award is for bloggers who have a sense of humor, are smarter than a and not too chicken to say what they think. Feel free to award this to any blogger you feel is deserving of such a prestigious award. Rules: 1. Proudly display the award on your blog with a link back to Honjii and a link back to the blogger, along with his/her name, who chose to award your blog. 2. Bestow this award, along with the rules, on a minimum of three blogs. 3. Contact the bloggers you've chosen and let them know of their incredibly life-altering good news. 4. Swear on your first born, or whatever you hold dear, never to mention these blogging awards are created by other self-serving bloggers trying to get more traffic altruistic bloggers who wish nothing more than acknowledging a blog well done.
Mad as Hell Doctors
Americans for Separation of Church & State
Feul My Blog
Copyright Notice© Honjii Li and Honjii's Harangues, 2012. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Honjii Li and Honjii's Harangues with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.