Is anyone aware that we have OTHER borders?August 20, 2010 at 11:19 am | Posted in government, I'm just saying, political rants, stupidity, terrorism, violence | 4 Comments
Tags: border security, illegal immigration, immigration
Am I missing something? Discussions in regard to illegal immigration are always focused on our southern border with Mexico. Once in a while I hear a brief reference to Canada, but it’s rare. Has everyone forgotten we have three other borders? I have met people that are in this country illegally from Canada and Europe so I have to assume they are not the only ones. For all I know they may outnumber those from the southern border. Why is this not an issue being discussed as vehemently as illegals coming from Mexico? I’m just going to take a shot in the dark here, could it be because they’re white and or not brown?
That someone has not entered our country by climbing a fence, digging a tunnel, hidden inside a smuggler’s vehicle, or having trekked across treacherous desert terrain doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be here. For those who have forgotten our other borders, below is an illustration that may help jog your memory. You may notice that the one getting all the attention is not the largest.
I am in no way saying we should not have a comprehensive immigration policy in place. We need to be mindful of those we let into our country just as we are about the people we let into our homes. I live not far from the Mexican border and the border patrol is a very visible presence. As well as the agents they have posted along the border they maintain a checkpoint inside the state of Arizona maybe twenty or thirty miles north of the border, where every car is stopped. I am not commenting on whether or not this is sufficient because I have no way of knowing. Here is what I do know. Just like your home, no matter how well protected it is and how many security measures you have in place, if someone really wants to get in they will find a way.
I’m just saying.
4 Comments »
- Dios nos libre de los populismos | Maikelnai's blog on Republican Revolt
- Honjii on Two pigeons, a grackle, and a Snickers bar
- What The Hell on Two pigeons, a grackle, and a Snickers bar
- mothers day ncert on End Oil Speculation Act of 2008 (Introduced in Senate)
- buy bitcoin with visa debit card on End Oil Speculation Act of 2008 (Introduced in Senate)
You’re welcome to follow, but I’m not really going anywhere.
- #TRUMP https://t.co/qpWBqMHHbD 10 hours ago
- #donaldtrump https://t.co/pScGe9QmRV 2 weeks ago
- #donaldtrump #SyriaStrikes https://t.co/FLCPN3OISX 2 weeks ago
- @protctdemocracy @POTUS What else can we expect from a dictator who is either ignorant of or has no regard for law. 2 weeks ago
- so many #lies #donaldteramp he can't even remember what he said axios.com/trumps-2013-tw… 2 weeks ago
- #realdonaldtrump https://t.co/Iz3TkdcKZd 3 weeks ago
- @BettyBowers can't even joke about this, he is completely repulsive, disgusting, makes me want to vomit 3 weeks ago
- @realDonaldTrump #immigration You know we have three other borders, right? 3 weeks ago
- #realdonaldtrump https://t.co/g2gtYSARTa 3 weeks ago
Board Certified Blogger
One Lovely Blog Award
Poulet-Sir Prize AwardThis much coveted award is for bloggers who have a sense of humor, are smarter than a and not too chicken to say what they think. Feel free to award this to any blogger you feel is deserving of such a prestigious award. Rules: 1. Proudly display the award on your blog with a link back to Honjii and a link back to the blogger, along with his/her name, who chose to award your blog. 2. Bestow this award, along with the rules, on a minimum of three blogs. 3. Contact the bloggers you've chosen and let them know of their incredibly life-altering good news. 4. Swear on your first born, or whatever you hold dear, never to mention these blogging awards are created by other self-serving bloggers trying to get more traffic altruistic bloggers who wish nothing more than acknowledging a blog well done.
Mad as Hell Doctors
Americans for Separation of Church & State
Feul My Blog
Copyright Notice© Honjii Li and Honjii's Harangues, 2012. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Honjii Li and Honjii's Harangues with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.