Cell Phone Mamas – WARNING!August 16, 2010 at 3:31 pm | Posted in irony, rants, social comment, stupidity, tragedy, What if? | 20 Comments
Tags: bad mothers, bad parenting, cell phones, child endangerment, motherhood, parenting, pedophiles
I was in the supermarket today when I experienced what felt like a fist lightly hitting my butt twice in a row. My automatic defense reflexes kicked in and I started to turn; luckily mid-swing I saw the head of the toddler I might have hurt. Had I completed the hit I’m sure the mom, who was too busy yakking on her cell phone to pay attention to her child, would have made me out as some sort of monster.
Yeah, Mama, I’m talking to YOU! I am constantly having to avoid your toddlers in parking lots as they dart out in front of my car while you are on your phone. You must be talking about something real important, even more so than the safety of your kid/s. I often have to avoid being hit by you when you are driving because you are too distracted by your phone conversation to give driving your full attention WITH YOUR KIDS IN THE CAR! You need to focus on your driving, the road, and other drivers; anything less is endangering the lives of your children, as well as occupants of other vehicles and pedestrians. You are endangering MY life.
What is so freaking important that the safety of your children is secondary to your conversation?
I said to the woman in the store, “You might want to get off the phone and watch your kid.” to which she replied, “Why don’t you mind your own business, she’s three years old and she ran into you what’s the big deal?’ to which I replied, “The big deal is I almost turned and hurt her, the big deal is that you are distracted by your call which means you are not paying close attention to your child, and pedophiles love nothing more than a distracted parent.” I’ll let you guess what her parting remark was.
It only takes a moment for some pervert to snatch your child while your back is turned. Do you want to be the one I watch on the news making a tearful plea for the safe return of your child? Do you want to be the mother who has to identify the remains found in the desert weeks later? Do you want to be the mother who, twenty years later still wonders whether your child is dead or alive somewhere out there in the world?
Or how about this. When I’m driving through the parking lot I watch out for your kids because I don’t want to hurt or kill a child (in case you’re wondering I try not to hit adults as well though some of these moms are tempting targets). But one of these days your kid is going to dart out in front of another cell phone mama, like you, who is distracted by her phone conversation and she isn’t going to see your kid. That would be ironic, wouldn’t it? And tragic and completely avoidable.
20 Comments »
- Dios nos libre de los populismos | Maikelnai's blog on Republican Revolt
- Honjii on Two pigeons, a grackle, and a Snickers bar
- What The Hell on Two pigeons, a grackle, and a Snickers bar
- mothers day ncert on End Oil Speculation Act of 2008 (Introduced in Senate)
- buy bitcoin with visa debit card on End Oil Speculation Act of 2008 (Introduced in Senate)
You’re welcome to follow, but I’m not really going anywhere.
- @realDonaldTrump #pervert #trump a 'touching' father daughter moment https://t.co/gGwSNAov5m 1 hour ago
- @realDonaldTrump #wiretap https://t.co/mDl4MqD26O 2 hours ago
- @realDonaldTrump just keep babbling away, moron #healthcare vox.com/obamacare/2017… 2 hours ago
- #thisisthefutureliberalswant this is the future liberals want https://t.co/AZATYa8mSf 3 weeks ago
- #realdonaldtrump #racisttrump https://t.co/nzh3finomK 3 weeks ago
- RT @pattonoswalt: https://t.co/ITwn8eEUp5 3 weeks ago
- Will somebody please tell the idiot in chief that proof of truth isn't, "well a lot of people have said so.." #realdonaltrump 3 weeks ago
- @realDonaldTrump How does it feel to be the joke of the world? occupydemocrats.com/2017/02/27/car… #carnival #trumpjoke 3 weeks ago
- RT @TheEllenShow: Have you seen this ad for the Mar-a-Lago? https://t.co/8AkzsGssad 1 month ago
Board Certified Blogger
One Lovely Blog Award
Poulet-Sir Prize AwardThis much coveted award is for bloggers who have a sense of humor, are smarter than a and not too chicken to say what they think. Feel free to award this to any blogger you feel is deserving of such a prestigious award. Rules: 1. Proudly display the award on your blog with a link back to Honjii and a link back to the blogger, along with his/her name, who chose to award your blog. 2. Bestow this award, along with the rules, on a minimum of three blogs. 3. Contact the bloggers you've chosen and let them know of their incredibly life-altering good news. 4. Swear on your first born, or whatever you hold dear, never to mention these blogging awards are created by other self-serving bloggers trying to get more traffic altruistic bloggers who wish nothing more than acknowledging a blog well done.
Mad as Hell Doctors
Americans for Separation of Church & State
Feul My Blog
Copyright Notice© Honjii Li and Honjii's Harangues, 2012. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Honjii Li and Honjii's Harangues with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.