Tags: procrastination, social networking, tweets, twitter
As I was parking my car I noticed a sign on a nearby dry cleaners that said follow us on Twitter and Facebook. In fact just about every business now does this and I am trying to figure out what the hell could possibly be happening in a dry cleaning establishment that would be interesting enough to follow, or why I would want to be their Facebook friend. And where do they find the time? Is business so slow they have nothing better to do, and if it is then wouldn’t the Tweets be even less eventful? I suppose I could check it out and see, but …well I guess I just don’t want to.
Quite some time ago I did get a Twitter account but I have never tweeted, not even once. From time to time I receive notification that someone is following me on Twitter which, for the follower, would take up less time than watching paint dry. It isn’t that I don’t have random thoughts I’d like to share, I do; it happens all the time, and often when I’m not in front of my computer and as I mentioned in a previous post; I don’t own a mobile device. Even though my phone is not smart and somewhat elderly (in tech years) it does have some pretty neat features, tweeting is not one of them. So I either use my phone to record a voice memo, or call my home phone and leave myself a message, or grab any available scrap of paper on which to jot my thoughts (which later will be impossible for me to decipher) when I think of something I might want to write about or remember for any reason.
My phone has two features that I have decided I never want to be without when the time comes to replace my present phone; talking caller ID and voice commands, including voice dialing. Though I don’t use the phone often it is great when I’m driving, in the event someone does call the phone announces the caller’s name, and if it’s not in my phone’s directory it announces the number. I really have fun with this feature because the phone will announce the name of anyone I have entered, however I have entered it. For example, I changed my boyfriend’s entry to Barack Obama, so that when he calls, my cell phone announces, in its somewhat robotic voice, “Call from Barack Obama”. Sometimes I forget to put the phone on vibrate when I go to the gym, and on more than one occasion women in the locker room have been treated to that strange voice coming from my locker, announcing a call from our president. A good way to impress people is to have my boyfriend call at just the right moment. Now the women at the gym are either standing in line to be my friend, or giving me the evil eye, depending on their personal political preferences.
I seem to have gotten off course. The reason I don’t tweet is that I am way too busy procrastinating about doing all the other things I need to be doing. So when I get around to taking care of everything that is piled on or near my desk, I’ll tweet. Until then, to my tens of followers on Twitter, I apologize.
- Dios nos libre de los populismos | Maikelnai's blog on Republican Revolt
- Honjii on Two pigeons, a grackle, and a Snickers bar
- What The Hell on Two pigeons, a grackle, and a Snickers bar
- mothers day ncert on End Oil Speculation Act of 2008 (Introduced in Senate)
- buy bitcoin with visa debit card on End Oil Speculation Act of 2008 (Introduced in Senate)
You’re welcome to follow, but I’m not really going anywhere.
- #thisisthefutureliberalswant this is the future liberals want https://t.co/AZATYa8mSf 3 weeks ago
- #realdonaldtrump #racisttrump https://t.co/nzh3finomK 3 weeks ago
- RT @pattonoswalt: https://t.co/ITwn8eEUp5 3 weeks ago
- Will somebody please tell the idiot in chief that proof of truth isn't, "well a lot of people have said so.." #realdonaltrump 3 weeks ago
- @realDonaldTrump How does it feel to be the joke of the world? occupydemocrats.com/2017/02/27/car… #carnival #trumpjoke 3 weeks ago
- RT @TheEllenShow: Have you seen this ad for the Mar-a-Lago? https://t.co/8AkzsGssad 4 weeks ago
- @realDonaldTrump @RoguePOTUSStaff https://t.co/erq7AuO31N 4 weeks ago
- RT @RoguePOTUSStaff: Everyone who thinks it's entertaining to watch POTUS act foolishly better start being afraid. He's not funny, he's dan… 4 weeks ago
- remind you of anyone? #donaldtrump youtube.com/watch?v=arJLy3… 4 weeks ago
Board Certified Blogger
One Lovely Blog Award
Poulet-Sir Prize AwardThis much coveted award is for bloggers who have a sense of humor, are smarter than a and not too chicken to say what they think. Feel free to award this to any blogger you feel is deserving of such a prestigious award. Rules: 1. Proudly display the award on your blog with a link back to Honjii and a link back to the blogger, along with his/her name, who chose to award your blog. 2. Bestow this award, along with the rules, on a minimum of three blogs. 3. Contact the bloggers you've chosen and let them know of their incredibly life-altering good news. 4. Swear on your first born, or whatever you hold dear, never to mention these blogging awards are created by other self-serving bloggers trying to get more traffic altruistic bloggers who wish nothing more than acknowledging a blog well done.
Mad as Hell Doctors
Americans for Separation of Church & State
Feul My Blog
Copyright Notice© Honjii Li and Honjii's Harangues, 2012. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Honjii Li and Honjii's Harangues with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.