Neither snow nor rain nor…March 30, 2010 at 4:46 pm | Posted in economy, government spending, humor, I'm just saying, political | 2 Comments
Tags: deficits, post office, postal service, Saturday mail
… heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds. They forgot to add Saturday. It looks like the post office will cease Saturday mail delivery starting next year. Why? Not enough money.
As far as I’m concerned they could also stop delivery on Monday through Friday. I once asked the clerk in the post office if there was a form of some sort that would allow me to opt out of the postal system. He got that look on his face that people get when they think you are crazy. I’m just trying to save trees and more importantly clear the clutter of paper on and around my desk.
I have come to the conclusion that most of the problems and annoyances in life start as a piece of mail. The only things I receive in the mail are bills and junk advertising. The latter I can cut down on for short periods of time by using the post paid return envelope and taking all the materials that came with it and stuff them in that post paid envelop; and other random bits of junk mail that may not have had the post paid option, and drop the over-stuffed envelop back in the mail drop. When they have to pay the extra postage and didn’t convert me into a paying customer they cross me off their lists.
As computers became smaller and accessible the average Joe, the big pitch was how we would become a paperless society. Instead computers gave companies the ability to print out multi-page billing statements that no one understands, including the employees in the billing departments of the companies from which they were sent. I think their customer service agents are deliberately kept in the dark about their companies’ billing practices so that we will learn not to bother calling to question a bill and just fork over whatever amount is on the bottom line.
I receive my mail at a post office box, for which I pay a yearly fee. For my fee I have to drive to the post office and pick up my mail. But, the post office sends out vehicles and people to bring the mail to your home or business at no charge. Each of the vehicles costs money to buy and maintain. Each of the employees driving the delivery vehicles, or on foot delivery personnel, receives a paycheck, socialized government health care, and other costly benefits. I think it should be the other way around. If I were starting a delivery business and I went to the bank with this as my business plan I’d be laughed out the door.
I’m just saying.
2 Comments »
- Dios nos libre de los populismos | Maikelnai's blog on Republican Revolt
- Honjii on Two pigeons, a grackle, and a Snickers bar
- What The Hell on Two pigeons, a grackle, and a Snickers bar
- mothers day ncert on End Oil Speculation Act of 2008 (Introduced in Senate)
- buy bitcoin with visa debit card on End Oil Speculation Act of 2008 (Introduced in Senate)
You’re welcome to follow, but I’m not really going anywhere.
- #TRUMP https://t.co/qpWBqMHHbD 1 day ago
- #donaldtrump https://t.co/pScGe9QmRV 2 weeks ago
- #donaldtrump #SyriaStrikes https://t.co/FLCPN3OISX 2 weeks ago
- @protctdemocracy @POTUS What else can we expect from a dictator who is either ignorant of or has no regard for law. 2 weeks ago
- so many #lies #donaldteramp he can't even remember what he said axios.com/trumps-2013-tw… 3 weeks ago
- #realdonaldtrump https://t.co/Iz3TkdcKZd 3 weeks ago
- @BettyBowers can't even joke about this, he is completely repulsive, disgusting, makes me want to vomit 3 weeks ago
- @realDonaldTrump #immigration You know we have three other borders, right? 3 weeks ago
- #realdonaldtrump https://t.co/g2gtYSARTa 3 weeks ago
Board Certified Blogger
One Lovely Blog Award
Poulet-Sir Prize AwardThis much coveted award is for bloggers who have a sense of humor, are smarter than a and not too chicken to say what they think. Feel free to award this to any blogger you feel is deserving of such a prestigious award. Rules: 1. Proudly display the award on your blog with a link back to Honjii and a link back to the blogger, along with his/her name, who chose to award your blog. 2. Bestow this award, along with the rules, on a minimum of three blogs. 3. Contact the bloggers you've chosen and let them know of their incredibly life-altering good news. 4. Swear on your first born, or whatever you hold dear, never to mention these blogging awards are created by other self-serving bloggers trying to get more traffic altruistic bloggers who wish nothing more than acknowledging a blog well done.
Mad as Hell Doctors
Americans for Separation of Church & State
Feul My Blog
Copyright Notice© Honjii Li and Honjii's Harangues, 2012. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Honjii Li and Honjii's Harangues with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.