Bigotry Does NOT Come in a Bottle!June 16, 2009 at 3:05 am | Posted in Atheism, bigotry, Obama, rants, Religion, social comment | 9 Comments
Tags: hate, ignorance, racism
It saddens me to think we have traveled so far, only to find out we’ve been going in circles.
I should be, though I’m not, surprised at the naivete of those who think America’s election of an African American president is an indication that we have, for the most part, risen above racism. It’s a nice fantasy, but it’s so far from reality that every time I hear someone express this opinion I feel the need for one of those little airsick bags.
We’ve eliminated slavery and elected a black president, well that pretty much takes care of racism…NEXT!
There are those who exhibit racism of varying degrees from derogatory, off the cuff, remarks to disgusting hateful tirades, yet deny they are racists. They prove their points by saying some of their best friends are…fill in the blank. Sometimes they blame it on too much to drink. This one always makes me think of the old computer science adage, GIGO (garbage in garbage out). If you don’t hold these hateful sentiments it doesn’t matter how much you drink, smoke, etc.; bigotry doesn’t come in a bottle.
Racism is hatred born of ignorance and stupidity and America has no shortage of people who fit this description. We now have the emperor of stupid, Rush Lamebrain Limbaugh, who is paid a ton of money to pander to the ignorant masses. He has his listeners convinced, among other things, that Obama hates white people and wants them to die. His comments are deliberately incendiary and intended to stir the pot of hate. Personally I think a better career for Limbaugh would be as a crash test dummy or a target at an NRA practice range.
Last week a black man died, while protecting the Holocaust Memorial Museum, at the hands of someone fueled by this kind of hate. I could go on and on but I’m sure many of you have already read or heard stories about the crazies who cannot wrap their minds around the fact that our president is not a rich white guy.
I’ll declare racism, sexism, and all the other hateful isms dead, or at least mortally wounded, when there is no longer a need to remark upon the gender, ethnicity, or race of the candidate, nominee, winner, etc., when they are other than white and male.
9 Comments »
- Dios nos libre de los populismos | Maikelnai's blog on Republican Revolt
- Honjii on Two pigeons, a grackle, and a Snickers bar
- What The Hell on Two pigeons, a grackle, and a Snickers bar
- mothers day ncert on End Oil Speculation Act of 2008 (Introduced in Senate)
- buy bitcoin with visa debit card on End Oil Speculation Act of 2008 (Introduced in Senate)
You’re welcome to follow, but I’m not really going anywhere.
- #TRUMP https://t.co/qpWBqMHHbD 10 hours ago
- #donaldtrump https://t.co/pScGe9QmRV 2 weeks ago
- #donaldtrump #SyriaStrikes https://t.co/FLCPN3OISX 2 weeks ago
- @protctdemocracy @POTUS What else can we expect from a dictator who is either ignorant of or has no regard for law. 2 weeks ago
- so many #lies #donaldteramp he can't even remember what he said axios.com/trumps-2013-tw… 2 weeks ago
- #realdonaldtrump https://t.co/Iz3TkdcKZd 3 weeks ago
- @BettyBowers can't even joke about this, he is completely repulsive, disgusting, makes me want to vomit 3 weeks ago
- @realDonaldTrump #immigration You know we have three other borders, right? 3 weeks ago
- #realdonaldtrump https://t.co/g2gtYSARTa 3 weeks ago
Board Certified Blogger
One Lovely Blog Award
Poulet-Sir Prize AwardThis much coveted award is for bloggers who have a sense of humor, are smarter than a and not too chicken to say what they think. Feel free to award this to any blogger you feel is deserving of such a prestigious award. Rules: 1. Proudly display the award on your blog with a link back to Honjii and a link back to the blogger, along with his/her name, who chose to award your blog. 2. Bestow this award, along with the rules, on a minimum of three blogs. 3. Contact the bloggers you've chosen and let them know of their incredibly life-altering good news. 4. Swear on your first born, or whatever you hold dear, never to mention these blogging awards are created by other self-serving bloggers trying to get more traffic altruistic bloggers who wish nothing more than acknowledging a blog well done.
Mad as Hell Doctors
Americans for Separation of Church & State
Feul My Blog
Copyright Notice© Honjii Li and Honjii's Harangues, 2012. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Honjii Li and Honjii's Harangues with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.