Okay, Fundies, Listen Up!May 6, 2009 at 1:10 am | Posted in Beliefs, bigotry, civil liberties, hypocrisy, rants, Religion, social comment, stupidity | 4 Comments
Tags: same sex marriage
To the fundamentalist Christians, right wing nuts, the GOP, and the cognitively challenged, pay attention because I’m only going to say this once: Legalizing same sex marriage:
- will not require you to marry someone of your own gender
- will have no effect on your present marriage
- will allow you to go about your daily life unimpaired…you won’t even notice the change
- will not be a strain on public resources
- will not change your income or your taxes
- will not affect your religious beliefs or your ability to worship as you choose
If gays are denied the same civil rights as you and I then they should not be required to pay taxes, nor should we accept their tax money or any public benefits we may derive from them. This should be a non issue. Substitute Christian, Jew, Muslim, people with blond hair and blue eyes for gay in the debate about whether gay marriage should be legal. Gays have been arbitrarily chosen in this fight and if we are going to selectively dole out civil liberties, then any of the groups I mentioned above could be at risk. It seems that most people fail to grasp that when you limit the rights of another you are actually diminishing your own. There was a time in this country when it was not legal to marry someone of another race. When this stupid ass law was finally wiped off the books forever it had no detrimental affect on the lives of others, except possibly inside their very small minds where they hold the beliefs that everything must be exactly as they see it in order for the world to be right.
Perhaps we need to keep this old poem in mind:
When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.
Then they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.
Then they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Jews,
I did not speak out;
I was not a Jew.
When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out for me.
4 Comments »
- Dios nos libre de los populismos | Maikelnai's blog on Republican Revolt
- Honjii on Two pigeons, a grackle, and a Snickers bar
- What The Hell on Two pigeons, a grackle, and a Snickers bar
- mothers day ncert on End Oil Speculation Act of 2008 (Introduced in Senate)
- buy bitcoin with visa debit card on End Oil Speculation Act of 2008 (Introduced in Senate)
You’re welcome to follow, but I’m not really going anywhere.
- #TRUMP https://t.co/qpWBqMHHbD 1 day ago
- #donaldtrump https://t.co/pScGe9QmRV 2 weeks ago
- #donaldtrump #SyriaStrikes https://t.co/FLCPN3OISX 2 weeks ago
- @protctdemocracy @POTUS What else can we expect from a dictator who is either ignorant of or has no regard for law. 2 weeks ago
- so many #lies #donaldteramp he can't even remember what he said axios.com/trumps-2013-tw… 3 weeks ago
- #realdonaldtrump https://t.co/Iz3TkdcKZd 3 weeks ago
- @BettyBowers can't even joke about this, he is completely repulsive, disgusting, makes me want to vomit 3 weeks ago
- @realDonaldTrump #immigration You know we have three other borders, right? 3 weeks ago
- #realdonaldtrump https://t.co/g2gtYSARTa 3 weeks ago
Board Certified Blogger
One Lovely Blog Award
Poulet-Sir Prize AwardThis much coveted award is for bloggers who have a sense of humor, are smarter than a and not too chicken to say what they think. Feel free to award this to any blogger you feel is deserving of such a prestigious award. Rules: 1. Proudly display the award on your blog with a link back to Honjii and a link back to the blogger, along with his/her name, who chose to award your blog. 2. Bestow this award, along with the rules, on a minimum of three blogs. 3. Contact the bloggers you've chosen and let them know of their incredibly life-altering good news. 4. Swear on your first born, or whatever you hold dear, never to mention these blogging awards are created by other self-serving bloggers trying to get more traffic altruistic bloggers who wish nothing more than acknowledging a blog well done.
Mad as Hell Doctors
Americans for Separation of Church & State
Feul My Blog
Copyright Notice© Honjii Li and Honjii's Harangues, 2012. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Honjii Li and Honjii's Harangues with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.